Ka 'e vitsen..?

Tuesday, October 03, 2006


Årets beste så langt

mewithoutYou's latest album "Brother, Sister" (released September 26) is the best album I've heard in a long time. The musical aspect is really varied, going from intense to really mellow.
But it's Aaron Weiss' lyrics that really blow me away though. He writes stuff in a way I've never seen before, in a way that I would never have thought of writing it.

Here are a few excerpts -

""I do not exist", we faithfully insist/while watching sink the heavy ship of everything we knew/if ever you come near I'll hold up a mirror/Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you"

"So SHADOW AM I!/the material world seems to me like a newspaper headline/it explicitly demands your attention/and it may even contain some truth/but what's really going on here?/one day the water's gonna wash away/and on that day, nothing clever to say"

"Builder with the broken bricks/Mother to the baby chicks/You made this world look so nice/I wonder what the next one's like?/yellow spider/yellow leaf/confirms my deepest held belief"


well, that's it for now. hope you're all doing well out there, and Gud bless you!
snakkes...
_dAVID

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home