Ka 'e vitsen..?

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jeg er i New Orleans!

hey guys!
as of now I'm in new orleans, helping Salvation Army in their Disaster Relief work after the hurricane. it's really good, but it's tiring. we serve food from cantines, talk to people, stack boxes, help people with boxes etc. it's really weird to be here after seeing it on the TV, the destructions is massive. a lot of houses that are destroyed and people without any place to live. some people live in hotels with support from FEMA. talked to a guy the other day, jose, he had been living in his house even though he had water up to over his waist. he stacked some chairs and slept there. crazy! pray for him.
when we got to NO-airport, our luggage wasn't there, so we got it the next day. it would have been really packed in the van if we had gotten our luggage though, so. the food here is really good, and the campus is huge with a lot of volunteers from all over the place. the army, southern baptist, americorps etc. good times!
please keep us in your prayers as we are doing important work over here, and pray that God will speak through us either through word or actions.
bruce is doing OK too, he's been sleeping a lot since we got here, in my backpack. he went bungee jumping the other day too.
I really don't know what more to write, but I hope you're all doing good where ever you are in the world. drop me a line if you'd like, that'd be nice. I'll post some pictures at some point, maybe when I get back to norway. I won't really have a whole lot of computer access while I'm here so.
see you guys later and Gud bless as usual!
snakkes...
piz out!
_dAVID

1 Comments:

  • At 3/2/06 16:17, Blogger Sven said…

    Are you going home already? Well don't go anywhere before I come back, I have a hen to pluck with you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home